New COVID-19 Additional Requirements
Our onsite medical and admissions staff will be acting in accordance with directions issued by the relevant authorities. For the health and wellbeing of all attendees the following additional measures must be observed:
You should not attend the event if you:
- Have any of the following symptoms: high temperature, a new continuous cough or loss of sense of taste or smell
- Have been tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10-days;
- Have come into close contact with a high risk or infected person within the last 10-days;
- Have travelled from or through a ‘watchlist’ state or country – i.e. any location that the country hosting the event requires you to self-isolate when you arrive.
All attendees must adhere to the requirements below. Reminders will be published in pre-show communications and on signage throughout the show site:
All attendees need to demonstrate proof of COVID-19 status for entry to the event. This will need to be one of the following:
- Full vaccination certificate dated over 7 days.
- Negative test certificate less than 72 hours old.
- Certificate of recovery from COVID-19
You will need to present a text, email or pass to verify your COVID status upon arrival (or alternative recognised proof). For further details on COVID passes, please read the Sanitary Pass document.
For more information, please refer to the Clean & Safe Destination page.
- Masks are compulsory when in the venue.
- There will be enhanced cleaning throughout the Event and plenty of hand sanitising stations available.
Be kind and considerate to your industry colleagues and event staff. Being personally accountable to adhere to the requirements above and supporting each other is our collective responsibility to run a successful event for all. Any individuals not complying with the requirements above may be asked to leave the event.
Service, Safety and Security at our Events
The safety and security of our staff and attendees is our priority. We work closely with the venue, local and national authorities to identify risks, assess them and develop security plans for our events.
Everyone attending our events should be aware that the following are in place:
- Customer Service staff may approach you to assist you outside, at entry or inside the event
- Staff and attendees are required to have their ID badge available for checking at all times
- Bag checks may be in operation
- Walkthrough or hand held scanners may be in operation at our events
- CCTV in operation at our events is monitored and recorded
- Uniformed and covert Security Guards are in attendance at our events
- Uniformed and covert Police are in attendance at some of our events
- Canine Security and Detection is in operation at some of our events
Everyone attending our events is requested to:
- Keep personal property with you at all times and do not leave any items unattended
- Report anything that looks unusual, suspicious or just out of place to a member of event staff
- Remain patient and courteous with event staff undertaking security checks.
- Follow the instructions of event staff at all times
- On their final visit to the event, dispose of their badge inside the event or when they’ve returned home, not in bins immediately outside the event.
- Carry a recognised form of photo ID with them at all times.
If you have any feedback or questions please contact email@example.com.